The horse chestnut tree produces a seed that is used as a natural dietary supplement extract with a rich source of a nutrient called aescin. Aescin is believed to block the release of enzymes that damage capillary walls. The 2006 research concluded that horse chestnut extract was an effective and safe short-term treatment for chronic venous insufficiency. None of the studies evaluated whether the extract could reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
How it works?
Horse chestnut extract works in multiple ways to support the health of your capillaries and
- It is a direct stimulant substance for veins and valves, a source of nourishment that enhances their structure.
Aids in the closure of small gaps in veins that allow fluid leakage that may contribute to edema. Provides structural support for
veins and valves
- Controls functions relating to both capillaries and veins that involve ion channels and the flow of calcium.
- Relaxes the endothelial lining of capillaries, enhancing friendly nitric oxide production, and reduces inflammation.
- Helps seal up capillaries that leak too much water into the tissues, which helps reduce edema.
- Increases the pressure in veins so they can pump blood more efficiently against gravity.
- Improves flow through the closely related lymphatic system—another pressure system that can get backed up and cause circulation problems.
- Whole horse chestnut is considered unsafe by the FDA and can lead to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, convulsions, circulatory and respiratory failure, and even death.
- Tea, leaves, nuts, and other crude forms of the horse chestnut plant should also be avoided.
In some people,
can be a cosmetic concern, in other people; they can cause swelling and uncomfortable aching, circulatory disorders, or pain. If left untreated, varicose veins may lead to serious complications like blood clots. Some natural treatments have been proven effective; however, may not work for everyone. Be sure to seek advice from a professional
Chicago vein doctor
before selecting your method of leg vein treatment for varicose veins.
To discuss your spider vein treatment or laser vein therapy, please
schedule an appointment
at Advanced Vein and Laser Centre today. With over 18 years of experience with spider vein treatment, varicose veins and leg vein treatments, Advanced Vein and Laser Centre has the top Chicago vein doctor ready to help you. We use trusted and proven procedures for spider vein treatment, varicose veins, and other circulatory problems.
Contact Us Online
or call 847. 367. 4040 to set up a consultation with the top Chicago vein doctor at one of our premier vein clinics.