In the past, surgery was the only viable option for treating varicose veins. Unfortunately, vein surgery often has a long recovery time and several potential side effects. For that reason, many people just put up with their varicose veins and cover them as best they can.
Today, there are multiple non-surgical vein treatments for varicose veins that are simple and have virtually no downtime. These non-surgical treatments require no general anesthetic and have much fewer side effects. Some of the most popular non-surgical vein treatments are:
- Endovenous laser treatment – This treatment is one of the most effective ways to treat varicose veins. A laser fiber is guided into the vein by ultrasound technology. Once the fiber is positioned properly in the vein, the laser is turned on. This instantly coagulates the blood and cauterizes the vein. It is then gradually absorbed by the surrounding tissue.
- Endovenous chemical ablation – This treatment involves the injection of a special solution into the problematic vein. The injected solution cause the veins to harden, and it gradually disappears.
Some varicose veins do not show below the surface of the skin at first. However, they are in the leg and need treatment. If you do not have any obvious varicose veins but think you may be developing them, you may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Pain, aching and heaviness in the lower legs
- Dark patches forming on the skin of the ankles and feet
- Itching with or without a rash
- Sores forming on the lower legs for no apparent reason
- Blood clots in the legs
During a consultation with our specialist at the Advanced Vein and Laser Centre, your vein issues may be diagnosed and a treatment recommended. Non-surgical vein treatments are becoming more and more popular as a safe, effective and convenient way to address venous issues. After the procedure, you may be asked to walk around for a few minutes and/or to wear compression stockings for a week or two to promote healing.
There is no need to continue covering your legs or avoiding treatment for varicose veins because you do not want to have surgery. Non-surgical vein treatments are minimally-invasive and reliable. You may have smooth legs again after a simple in-office treatment.
The Advanced Vein and Laser Centre is located in Libertyville, IL, and we happily serve clients in the Chicago, IL and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about our non-surgical vein treatments.