or those bulging, bluish leg veins can be problematic for two reasons. The first reason is obvious to anyone suffering with these unsightly veins; they create cosmetic nightmares and often cause people to feel self-conscious. But the other reason can be a little less clear since not all diseased veins are visible on the surface of one’s skin. These unseen veins are indicative of a more serious venous condition requiring the help of a vein doctor in Gurnee. Timely care of troublesome veins can ward off the serious medical complications of venous insufficiency such as leg ulcers,
and permanent skin discoloration.
Ten symptoms of varicose veins may include:
1. Legs that tired easily
2. Leg pain not related to a specific cause or injury
3. Restless legs (the need to move or shake your legs while at rest, especially nighttime)
4. Heaviness in legs
5. Swelling in legs
6. Burning feeling in legs or feet
7. Changes in skin texture or color around ankles and/or feet
8. Slow healing sores on legs
9. Reoccurrence of spider vein after proper treatment
10. Twisted, gnarled veins appearing on the surface of the skin
Years ago when patients went looking for vein treatment they faced the unhappy choice of vein stripping, an invasive and often painful procedure that produced less than stellar results. Today, however endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) has revolutionized the treatment of unwanted veins. It provides a virtually painless, in-office treatment with little to no downtime. To find out more about this amazing treatment call 847.367.4040 or
contact the experts at Advanced Vein and Laser Centre
, a vein clinic serving the Gurnee area and beyond!