What is the VeinViewer®?
When it comes to vascular treatments, having an accurate image of the vein structure is crucial. At Advanced Vein and Laser Centre, we utilize the latest in diagnostic and imaging technology to provide accurate diagnosis and safe treatments for you. One such instrument is the VeinViewer®.
Utilizing near-infrared light, this innovative device projects the light onto the area to be treated, where it is absorbed by the blood and reflected by surrounding tissue. The information gathered by this process is then captured, processed, and projected digitally in real time onto the surface of the skin, allowing Dr. Rosenfeld and our medical team to see an accurate image of your blood pattern.
What are the Benefits of VeinViewer®?
In addition to being used in thousands of vascular treatments, the VeinViewer® offers several benefits to patients:
- Using patented Active Vascular Imaging Navigation (AVIN™), our medical team can view blood patterns up to 15 mm into the skin and can also view clinically relevant veins up to 10 mm deep.
- This device allows Dr. Rosenfeld and our medical team to see the location and orientation of peripheral veins, valves and other structures in real time for accurate imaging during vein treatment and also shows any movements that may occur
- Providing visualization before, during and after treatments helps our medical team identify any potential complications and improve the overall accuracy and results of the procedure.
- Most VeinViewer® models can be used from head to toe with the exception of the eyes, which are sensitive to the light.
- The device is designed for patient safety and comfort and will not overheat the skin or tissues
Contact Advanced Vein and Laser Centre today to schedule a consultation and find out how the VeinViewer® can help our medical team view your blood patterns in real time and optimize the accuracy of your vascular treatments.