It may seem like a fairly simple process: take leg measurements, use the manufacturer’s guidelines to determine the level of compression and choose a style. However, ensuring a good fit for compression stockings is vital and not something patients should be doing by themselves.
Since compression levels range from 10 to 30 mm Hg and above; sizing needs to be individually based. For example, some patients may only need “light-pressure” support pantyhose to prevent or reduce mild swelling. At the other end of the spectrum are candidates for “prescription-strength” compression stockings, who suffer from significant swelling or venous leg ulcers. In each case, a vein doctor in Round Lake needs to properly diagnosis and accurately measure patients when fitting compression hosiery.
Here is a compression stocking checklist for patients to observe when being fitted by their vein doctor in Round Lake and the surrounding areas:
- Did he/she measure and fit the stockings according to the manufacturer’s recommendation?
- Did he/she document leg measurements and stocking size at baseline?
- Did he/she check the stockings to ensure correct usage and adequate circulation?
- Does he/she review measurements regularly to check for swelling and excessive pressure from the stockings?
- Did he/she remind patient to remove the stockings and performing a skin assessment before 24 hours has passed?
- Did he/she evaluate patient in a seated position to help determine if the stockings are acting like a tourniquet?
By visiting a vein clinic in Round Lake, you can ensure you knowledge to properly apply, manage, and remove compression stockings without risking serious complications. At Advanced Vein & Laser Centre, a vein clinic in Round Lake, our venous experts have years of experience treating community members with leg pain in Round Lake, Lake Forest, Lincolnshire and the surrounding cities. Whether you need compression stockings or treatment from our minimally invasive procedures, we will have you back on your feet, allowing you to live your life without leg pain in Round Lake and the greater area. Call Advanced Vein & Laser Centre at (847) 367-4040 or
contact us online
to schedule an appointment and cure your leg pain in Round Lake and the greater area today.